Maerish

In a land much like ours...

Banwalt, one of the four marshes of Harlant, 1622. While the newest heir to the Arzswin family is trying to gain influence over the city, the once renowned city guard is struggling to keep theirs as the need for grand adventure steadily declines. Even in a world in which magic is commonplace, people are afraid of change.

Featured Wanted

Canon Wanted!

Jean-Jacques is a Rooster, and key diplomatic figure between the Fable communities and the city. A big, lofty talker.

We are now officially open!

Come say hello in the cbox and don't hesitate to ask any question you may have!

One Month Anniversary! :>

Event #!

Board Challenge #1

Prompt Challenge #1

Rules Plot Newbie Guide Setting Species Application Canons Wanted Ads Plotter Directory

Add Reply

First Night Magic [Autumn 1610], Open // Folk // Multiple welcome
Joséphine Lémieux
 Posted: Apr 5 2017, 03:05 PM
24 y/o & 8 posts
/ / / / Kräuterhexe / / / / Herbal Witch - Commoner Played by Vermin

As the underbrush was hitting against his knees and the light of his mother's hut was nothing but a memory in the dark of the trees, Joséphine thought to himself, "Maybe this was a bad idea. Maybe I should go home." He felt the cool stone in his hand, the smooth surface cool against his warm skin. Of course, he trudged on. The tears on his cheeks had not yet dried.

He walked on, clad in a thick coat made of fine leather, weathering against the autumn wind. He walked until he could feel the magic around him change, twist into something non-human; an all too familiar feeling. Living so close to the forest meant living among those who were the other, the magical; the folk. He knew few of them personally, less still by name; but he knew that of all the creatures in this world, they were those closest to nature and magic itself.

This was why now, at the dawn of darkest night, he was walking towards the forest, away from a warm mother. He simply had to ask - had to know - had to find - Of, if it would all be so simple! Joséphine made halt in the middle of a small clearing, bathed in the oncoming light of the stars. He took a deep breath, and let his magic announce his presence.

"Hello?", he spoke, a trembling in his voice. "Please, if you're here - owners, guardians - no, citizens", his voice broke off, then he started again, louder this time. "Citizens of the forest, please, reveal yourself to me! I am Joséphine, son of the witch by the oak, and I have - uhm, I have a request!"

PM
^
Joséphine Lémieux
 Posted: May 9 2017, 12:46 PM
24 y/o & 8 posts
/ / / / Kräuterhexe / / / / Herbal Witch - Commoner Played by Vermin

Joséphine stared into the empty forest, his hands in front of his chest clutched tightly around his lucky stone. His breathing was the only thing he heard, exasperated, broken, fast against the dark of night. He held the stone tighter, swallowed done a batch of pent up fear - it ended up in his stomach, but still, he stepped forward. And forward, and forward, deeper and deeper into the forest until he couldn't see the light of home anymore.

"Hello?", he asked into the night again, his voice a higher pitch than before. "Please - please I need to ask you-" He hiccupped, and quickly covered his mouth with the palm of his hand. "I just wan' to ask something - I - " He stopped, standing amid the shrubbery, and his eyes fell onto the stone he's holding.

He held it up into the night with shaking hands. "I brought an offering."

PM
^
Margot Blackwing
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 11:15 AM
y/o & 3 posts

She lifted her head up out of the underbrush she'd fallen into, shook it for a bit until the world seemed clearer. Her arms and legs were scratched up badly, she'd been in mid-flight when the falling night caught her.
Something glittered faintly, between the trees. Margot blinked a few times, her tiny frame still aching from the transformation. She didn't really know where she was, but glittering things were always good.
With uneasy steps she staggered to hide behind a tree, watching the person holding up the... glitterthing.
"You don't need that anymore?", she asked eventually, her voice still hoarse, still sounding somewhat like a caw.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skin by bonbon.

Affiliates

RPG-D Memento Mori: Venice 18th Century Imagination is your only limitation OHaV Frisson RPG Sufficient Unto the Day Moorland Manor
Top RP Sites Maerish Rise of the Believers Once Upon a Nightmare Maerish
RPG Initiative Forge Revaliir Swords of Speirling Kowairo - au east asian feudal fantasy
Distant Fantasies Ruby Wings Listings LinkLane Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish