Maerish

In a land much like ours...

Banwalt, one of the four marshes of Harlant, 1622. While the newest heir to the Arzswin family is trying to gain influence over the city, the once renowned city guard is struggling to keep theirs as the need for grand adventure steadily declines. Even in a world in which magic is commonplace, people are afraid of change.

Featured Wanted

Canon Wanted!

Jean-Jacques is a Rooster, and key diplomatic figure between the Fable communities and the city. A big, lofty talker.

We are now officially open!

Come say hello in the cbox and don't hesitate to ask any question you may have!

One Month Anniversary! :>

Event #!

Board Challenge #1

Prompt Challenge #1

Rules Plot Newbie Guide Setting Species Application Canons Wanted Ads Plotter Directory

Add Reply

Have you heard? Have you seen? [April 1622], Tag: Wargen
Sébastienne Moreau
 Posted: Apr 24 2017, 04:39 PM
37 y/o & 14 posts
/ / / / Outcast Child / / / / Vidame Sovereign - Fickle -Played by Vermin

Sébastienne is quite proud that by now ey know the convoluted way from the castle's entryway into the quiet, secluded garden safely tucked away between brick walls and towering trees, so green they rivaled the deepest forest by heart. Not many know that it even exists; fewer still are allowed to pass through the secret passway's narrow halls, to see that which lies beneath the meekly looking wooden door below a spiraling staircase. The garden was used, of course, and used quite often - in festivities, in balls, in summer happenings on days that were just too beautiful to go to waste inside - but guests would never see the garden as it is now, tended to by its most frequent visitor.

"How are the flowers?" Ey lets the door fall close behind them with a loud, rattling clash, and strolls over the well kept, lush grass towards eir young friend. "Have they started talking to you yet? A quite funny little man told me that they start speaking if you're just nice and good enough to them. "Ey gift him with a bright smile, eir eyes twinkling in the sunlight.

Ey've grown quite fond of the youngest of the Ebengruene's over the years - not only because he is the easiest to impress. Sébastienne has started to feel a certain kinship with the boy, and ey delighted in their visits. Ey would tell them stories, about emselves and the world, stories of things that were long past and wouldn't entertain even a polite servant's maid, stories of things so new that talking of them just yet would endanger their social status. Wargen didn't care about any of that - he is always content just to listen, and Sébastienne was content just to be.

PM
^
Wargen of Ebengruene
 Posted: Apr 25 2017, 11:44 AM
21 y/o & 7 posts

He looks up from the daisy chain he's crafting, and his face lights up as he sees em.
"Sébastienne!", he calls out and runs towards em, almost tripping over his own feet. "I thought you wouldn't come visit us until next month!"

Wargen likes em a lot; where others are quick to dismiss him as childish and unrealistic, Seb always encouraged him to follow his aspirations and patiently listened to the rambling stories he made up. And the stories ey told him in return were always so vivid and fascinating.

"How've you been?", he asks her with a gleeful smile, and bends up to place the daisy chain in eir hair.

This post has been edited by Margot Blackwing: Apr 25 2017, 11:45 AM
PM
^
Sébastienne Moreau
 Posted: Apr 26 2017, 03:12 PM
37 y/o & 14 posts

Wargen's youthful energy is always refreshing - Sébastienne feels quite the old one in his presence from time to time, watching him skip so lively across the grass. Still, ey wouldn't trade places with him for the world. Ey bow eir head to accept the daisy chain with grace, smiling at the young noble having to stretch just to reach eir head. Running stark across his name, Wargen is truly the sweetest man she knows. Why he is relegated to a life behind walls, ey would never understand - then again, they would never dare ask, either.

"Well, well, I've been well - well, as well as you can be in April, hm?" ey replied in an earnest tone, as if April was just understood to be a commonly dreadful time of year. "You've been well as well, dear? You look very well, the sunlight suites you. Your gift is quite formidable, too- " ey make a slight bow, and quickly hold the daisy chain tot he top of eir head as it begins to fall.

"I simply had to come visit, now that the Perrault's great spring ball is done and over with - you don't mind, do you?"

PM
^
Wargen of Ebengruene
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 11:35 AM
21 y/o & 7 posts

Wargen's eyes begin to sparkle with excitement.
"The spring ball... You have to tell me everything about it!", he says, sitting down in the grass and motioning for Sébastienne to do the same. "I wish I could've gone... Balls sound like so much fun! The dancing, the chatting, the food... Just so many people to talk to!"
He lets out a sigh, plucking some daisies growing near his knee and fiddling with them.
"But, well... unless I can convince dad to host one I'll probably never see that myself. And even if he would agree, I probably wouldn't be allowed to go anyway..."
PM
^
Sébastienne Moreau
 Posted: May 1 2017, 08:08 AM
37 y/o & 14 posts

Sébastienne gladly obliges and sits down on the damp grass next to the young, sheltered noble. Ey already knew not to take eir newest, finest dresses, jackets and mantles when ey came for eir visits - out in the garden, they hardly ever stayed as spotless as ey'd like. "I wish you could've been there with me, too. The people who think themselves the most endearing are usually the ones who are dreadfully boring..."

Ey sigh, then turn to study Wargen's face. Such a shame, a young boy like him... "Have you asked your family yet why you aren't allowed past the gates? Surely, now that you're almost of mature age...?"

PM
^
Wargen of Ebengruene
 Posted: May 5 2017, 02:06 PM
21 y/o & 7 posts

He shakes his head, plucks at the grass some more.
"No chance. Father would never let me outside. He just said that I'm safer here, but I don't understand..."
His father had been quite clear in his words. No going outside except for the gardens. No running away from his guards. No sneaking around the halls while he held audiences. It's like he wanted to keep Wargen a secret from the outside world...
"Hey... Can you talk to him, maybe? He might listen to you more than he does to me."
PM
^
Sébastienne Moreau
 Posted: May 5 2017, 04:42 PM
37 y/o & 14 posts

Sébastienne's smile turned stiff. As much as ey sympathize with his plight, asking the Margrave such a personal question.... no, even as much as Maximilienne was rumored to be taking over soon, it was too big a risk. Especially now, when the guard is facing such uncertain times... Basti shakes eir head, but keeps the smile.

"I'm afraid my words won't do much to change his opinion, either. He seems set to keep you in this garden....A most marvelous prison." Ey lift their head to look around, and wonders again just at the sheer size of what was nothing more than a pastime and leisure for the Ebengruene's. "Perhaps you belong in this garden - perhaps you're a nature spirit, a changeling child", Sébastienne suggests to try and lighten the mood.

PM
^
Wargen of Ebengruene
 Posted: Jul 17 2017, 11:04 AM
21 y/o & 7 posts

"Seriously? I'm starting to believe that, too. Not even all the staff know about me, can you believe it?"
He flops down in the grass, staring at the blue spring sky. Some birds fly by, cawing and cooing. Sometimes he wishes he could be a bird himself, just soar into nothingness and across those blasted walls that hold him.
"You know... I've been having these weird nightmares lately..."
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

skin by bonbon.

Affiliates

RPG-D Memento Mori: Venice 18th Century Imagination is your only limitation OHaV Frisson RPG Sufficient Unto the Day Moorland Manor
Top RP Sites Maerish Rise of the Believers Once Upon a Nightmare Maerish
RPG Initiative Forge Revaliir Swords of Speirling Kowairo - au east asian feudal fantasy
Distant Fantasies Ruby Wings Listings LinkLane Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish Maerish